3.00 PM – 5.00 PM
“Differential Experience to COVID-19 and its Control Measures in India”
- Md. Gufran Alam from Aman Biradari Trust (New Delhi)
- Rohini Chhari from Bhoomi Gramotthan Evam Shabhagi Gramin Vikas Sanstha, Morena (Madhya Pradesh)
- Lilawati Waghare from Amhi Aamchya Aarogya Sathi, Gadhchiroli (Maharashtra)
- C. Mahadeva from Zilla Budakattu Girijana Abhivruddhi Sangha
- Atish Indrekar from Budhan Theatre
- Dilfaraz from SAMARA
Context setting by Rakhal Gaitonde, HENI Steering Group member and Professor at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology, Trivandrum and one of the authors of the recent paper on BMJ Global Health titled Bridging a false dichotomy in the COVID-19 response: a ‘public health’ approach to the lockdown debate.
Moderated by Prashanth NS, HENI Secretariat member and Faculty lead at Health Equity Cluster, Institute of Public Health, Bengaluru.
A “learning together” workshop-cum-webinar
It will kindle discussions among the participants on the following key questions:
- What can we learn about the pandemic’s experience in particular individuals/communities/
- What brought about such a vulnerability in the first place?
- How could we mitigate the effects of such vulnerability in similar contexts?