Call for a Consultant – Research Consultant
Institute of Public Health, Bengaluru
Institute of Public Health, Bengaluru (IPH Bengaluru) is a premier multidisciplinary academic research institute in India engaged in public health research, education, public, and policy engagement.
IPH Bengaluru was established with a vision of creating an equitable, integrated, decentralized, and participatory health system within a just and empowered society.
The Health Services cluster at the IPH Bengaluru aims to understand challenges in health care organization and delivery of services that are equitable using a systems lens.
About the project and the position
The National midwifery program is scaling up in the state of Odisha. IPH Bengaluru in partnership with UNICEF will be conducting concurrent monitoring to assess the implementation of the midwifery training program in Cuttack, Odisha.
For this, we would require a short term consultant at IPH Bengaluru to help in evaluating the training program
The candidate is expected to manage the following;
- Assisting in the development of research tools
- Conducting qualitative interviews
- Collecting primary and secondary data
- Analyzing the data and project report writing
- Assisting the project lead in terms of project management
- Preparing tools for dissemination including writing manuscripts for journals / other publications
- Disseminating the activities of the project in media
- Any other activity that the project lead may deem fit (in relation to this project)
Masters in public health / Masters in the community or obstetric nursing with 1 – 2 years of work experience in the field of public health research. Preference will be given to public health graduates who worked in the field of maternal and child health/health systems research. Candidates residing in and around Cuttack, Odisha are essential. The candidate should be willing to visit the field site in Cuttack for data collection for a minimum of 2-3 days in a week during the project period. Willingness to travel and the ability to interact with people at all levels is expected.
- Candidate who has published at least one scientific paper in a peer-reviewed journal is desirable.
- Excellent written and communications skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational and networking skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, SPSS/NVIVO, and reporting would be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be able to speak, read and write in Odia and English languages.
The job location is in the field site (Cuttack, Odisha) and travel to the office – Institute of Public Health (IPH) in Bengaluru (see location here) may be required based on the need.
The contract will be for six months with the possibility of renew depending on commitment and performance and project resources.
The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. We offer a scale of Rs. 40,000 – Rs. 45,000 (CTC) per month as per the IPH salary policy. Any relevant work experience and additional training will be compensated at par as per the IPH policy.
Keep the following information/documents ready for the online application:
- Your basic details including name, permanent and current address
- Resume/CV (PDF only)
- Name, phone number, and email address of two references who are willing to provide a reference for your work. This could include your teachers/mentors/supervisors.
- One page statement describing your motivation and why you consider yourself fit for this role – up to 400 words (Explaining your interests, strengths, and qualifications for this role and how it fits with your future professional goals)
All applications will be reviewed and those that are shortlisted will be invited for an interview online in the last week of May 2022.
Candidates applying for this position shall not have any economic ties and shall not have represented any tobacco business or organization that represents the interest of the tobacco industry in the past two years.