The National Conference on bringing Evidence into Public Health Policy (EPHP) is a series of conferences that provide a unique national platform for public health researchers, policymakers, and practitioners to meet, share their experiences and learn from each other. For over half a decade now, the EPHP conferences have contributed to constructive public discourse on health in India. So far, there have been three conferences in the series focusing on specific themes (2010: Five Years of National Rural Health Mission; 2012: Strengthening Health Systems to Achieve Universal Health Coverage; 2016: Equitable India – All for Health and Wellbeing) organized jointly by the Institute of Public Health (Bengaluru) and the Institute of Tropical Medicine (Antwerp) in partnership with Government of India and Government of Karnataka.
- Support in tobacco control measures such as implementation of the national tobacco control law, chewing tobacco product regulations, taxation of tobacco products
- Support in road safety related measures such as the Karnataka state Good Samaritan Act, Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill
- Member of the task force for inputs on National Health Assurance mission
- Member of the task force for developing the Karnataka Public Health Policy
- From October 2015 till date one of our Faculty was nominated by the Honorable Governor of Karnataka as Member of the Senate of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India (http://www.rguhs.ac.in/).
- From September 2016 till date one of our Faculty is Member of Expert Committee of Advanced Research, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Member of fifth Joint Monitoring Mission (JMM) of the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP) in India. Link to the Report
- Invited member to contribute to National Strategic Plan of RNTCP (2017-2022), Government of India, Central TB Division.
- Invited member and the rapporteur of the Report of the meeting held by WHO, SEARO Region and Global Fund. Reaching the “missing million” through scaling up public-private mix for TB care and control in “high-impact” Asian countries. 2014.
- Member of the Government of Karnataka committee to amend Karnataka Private Medical Establishments Act (KPMEA.)
- Inputs provided on the ICMR draft National ethical guideliens for biomedical and health research involving human participants
- Inputs provided to draft Medical commission bill
|14/09/2017||Times of India||Quoted IPH Facutly Dr. Prashanth NS||Read it here|
|01/05/2017||Devex||Quoted IPH Facutly Dr. Prashanth NS||Read it here|
|12/07/2016||Bangalore Mirror||Story based on research paper published by IPH Faculty Dr. Vijayashree Yellappa||Read it here|
|15/07/2016||Healthcare Executive Magzine||Interview with IPH FacultyDr. Vijayashree Yellappa about ‘spiraling health cost in India’||Read it here|
|21/08/2016||Science Chronicle||Blog by a Science Journalist based on research paper published by IPH Faculty Dr. Vijayashree Yellappa||Read it here|
|23/08/2016||The Hindu||Carried research findings of IPH Faculty Dr. Vijayashree Yellappa||Read it here|