The LINQED workshop was a 4 day event
from 26 to 29 April, 2011 hosted by the University of Gadjah Mada in Yogyakarta (Jogjakarta), Indonesia.
Aim of the workshop
The workshop aimed at developing concrete activities for the three priority themes of the educational network. These included educational exchange between member institutions, joint learning on quality assurance (starting with approaches to student assessment) and developing e-learning capacity of the members.
Seven team members from Urban Health project, visited health facilities and community-based outreach activities of Christian Medical College, Vellore
From 25-29 April 2011.
The team’s visit was coordinated by Urban Low Cost Effective Care Unit (ULCECU) of CMC that provides quality secondary care to a defined urban poor neighborhood in Vellore, called the ?Old city
The trip included
- Exposure to waste management practice (for CMC health facilities and staff residences) that segregate waste and employ best practices like recycling, vermi-composting and reselling of waste.
- Exposure to life skills education for adolescents
- A visit to the rehabilitation institute
- Field visits to understand the community and their interactions with community health and rehabilitation (CHAR) volunteers.
- The sharing of experiences and ideas on community-based health activities in the urban context led to mutual learning and culmination of new ideas and enthusiasm. Many thanks to staff at ULCECU and of course community volunteers with selfless service and inspiring tales.
View photos of the the visit
Publication year : 2011
Citation: Bhojani U, Prashanth NS, Devadasan N. A critique of the draft national health research policy 2011. Economic and Political Weekly 2011; XLVI(15):19-22 Link or Download pdf.
[stextbox id=”info”]IPH team in Hanoi
From : 28th March 2011
To : 01 April 2011
To discuss the phase one findings and to plan for phase Two [/stextbox]
[stextbox id=”info” caption=”Following is the link for news story from K G Halli ” float=”false”]
[stextbox id=”info” ]
Dr N.Devadasan was in Chhattisgarh from 7th to 12th on a mission for the European Commission to help the Chhattisgarh Health Services.
He had the opportunity to interview the health secretary, Director – health services, the SHSRC team and the GTZ Team.