e-Learning Course inScientific Writing & Reference Management
Objectives of the course
In this course, we will introduce participants to the different types of scientific articles and provide an outline of how to write an original research article describing their original scientific research.
To enable health professionals to write scientific research articles that can be published and to equip them with skills to cite and manage references/ bibliography while writing using a reference management tool such as Mendeley.
- Scientific Writing- Reporting original research (IMRaD)
- Nuts and bolts of writing – Grammar, Style and Ethics
- Tools for Reference Management (Mendeley)
Learn the art of scientific writing
Limited scholarship available for deserving candidates
Learn on the go
Divided into units
3 hr per week
Discuss & learn
Course at a glance
Verify your certificate online
Moodle mobile app
Write to us
+91-8105097615 / 080-26421929
Simple fun learning
The course consists of three modules and each module has two to three Units. Each Unit has two to three classrooms.The course expects students to spent 3 hours per week, to successfully complete each module
Person interested in research work and health researcher based in NGOs\ academic institutions. Undergraduates in health ( Any discipline) and Masters level training in health and development (MPH, MD, MS, MSc (Nursing), M. Pharm, MPT, MDS and MSW)
Meet the Instructors
Prashanth N S
Subject Matter Expert
- Health researchers based in NGOs/ academic institutions
- Undergraduates in Health (any discipline)
- Masters level training in health and development (MPH, MD MS,MSc (Nursing), M.Pharm, MPT, MDS and MSW)
- Basic knowledge of using computer applications, Internet and email
- Interest/ intent for health research and scientific writing
- Conducted research but unable to write it to be acceptable for publishing
- Language as a barrier to effectively communicating research in an article
- Large volume of literature to be stored, archived and retrieved and Inability to keep track of all literature read
- Not sure of how to cite – paraphrasing or quoting
- Not clear on how to cite grey literature, books, and reports and what are internationally acceptable styles for citing
- Not aware of tools available to manage and cite while you write
- Not aware of how to use these tools to connect, network and collaborate with other researchers
This course will address these gaps and enable you to write a research article that is of high quality. This course will also enable you to manage your literature efficiently, saving valuable time and equip you to cite while you write.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the language of instruction in the course?
English will be the medium of instruction.
How many hours per week am I expected to put in?
Course expects a minimum of 3 hours per week.
What is the duration of the course?
The course is of 3 month duration.
What are the class timings?
There are no specific class timings that you are expected to follow on a day to day basis. However there are certain activities that you have to complete within a certain time frame and submit before the given deadline to progress to the next stage in the course. Please refer the study guide for more details.
When this course will be unveiled?
In the month of March
What is the importance of this course?
The course will provide detailed hands-on training in using Mendeley, one of the widely used reference management tools. It will also enable students to use this tool to network, share and collaborate with other researchers and experts.
Will I get a certificate for this course?
Yes. You will get valid certificate after completion of the course.
Will I be provided a mentor for the course?
Yes, It is a tutor guided course. A qualified public health professional will be facilitating the course and will be there to guide you at each step.
Is exams or Tests will be conducted at the end of the course?
Test will be conducted after each module and at the end there will be final test