About the Emerging Voices for Global Health
Emerging Voices for Global Health (EV4GH) is an innovative multi-partner blended training program for young, promising and emerging health policy & systems researchers, decision makers and other health system actors with an interest to become influential global health voices and/or local change makers. EV4GH coaches “Emerging Voices” to participate actively in international conferences where global health issues are addressed and to raise their voice in scientific and policy debates. EV4GH 2018 tracks for young researchers and other health system actors
The EV4GH programme is managed by an internationally representative governance committee consisting of EV alumni elected by previous EV4GH participants and a few invited members from academia (from EV partner institutes, mostly). What is the EV4GH training?
For both tracks, the full EV4GH 2018 venture consists of:
- E-coaching and distance learning in preparation of a face-to-face training (July – Sept 2018)
- Face-to-face training: scientific presentation, networking and communication skills coaching using innovative formats, and content training & field visit to the National Health Service (Liverpool, end of September – 5 October 2018)
- Young researchers (& other changemakers’) pre-conference (6 October 2018)
- Participation in the Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research (Liverpool, 8-12 October 2018)
- Wrap-up – focusing on Emerging ‘beyond Liverpool’ (Liverpool, 13 October 2018)
- Membership of EV4GH network and other thematic working groups of Health Systems Global
Who can apply?
There will be two tracks for which participants can apply to be an EV 2018. While one track is reserved for researchers involved in health policy and systems research, the other track seeks to attract health professionals, activists, decision or policy-makers and/or other health systems actors.