11.00 AM – 12.30 PM
“Strengthening the Resilience of India’s Plural Health System: Lessons from the COVID19 Crisis”
- Dr. Saradindu Bhaduri Associate Professor Centre for Studies in Science Policy Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)– New Delhi
- Dr. V.Sujatha Professor Centre for the Study of Social Systems Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)– New Delhi
- Dr. Sundar Sarukkai Founder Barefoot Philosophers Bengaluru.
- Dr. Harilal Madhavan Development Economist Indian Institute of Science and Education Research, Thiruvananthapuram
- Dr. Unnikrishnan P.M. Visiting Professor The University of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology (TDU) – Bengaluru
In the first webinar of this series, we unpacked the concept of resilience and its origins in different disciplines and the role of pluralistic healthcare approaches in times of pandemic like COVID-19. In the second webinar, we will continue the theme, exploring the concept and role of frugal innovations and their relevance in strengthening the resilience of India’s plural health system. We will also have an exposition of the response of Siddha to the COVID pandemic, to add to our understanding of the resilience shown by various health knowledge systems