What is the Emerging voices for global health?
Emerging Voices for Global Health (EV4GH) is an innovative multi-partner blended training
program for young, promising and emerging health policy & systems researchers, decision
makers and other health system actors with an interest to become influential global health
voices and/or local change makers. EV4GH coaches “Emerging Voices” to participate
actively in international conferences where global health issues are addressed and to raise
their voice in scientific and policy debates.
What is the EV4GH training?
The full EV4GH 2018 venture consists of:
- E-coaching and distance learning in preparation of a face-to-face training (July –
- Face-to-face training: scientific presentation, networking and communication skills
coaching using innovative formats, and content training & field visit to the National
Health Service (Liverpool, end of September – 5 October 2018)
- Young researchers (& other changemakers’) pre-conference (6 October 2018)
- Participation in the Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research
(Liverpool, 8-12 October 2018)
- Wrap-up – focusing on Emerging ‘beyond Liverpool’ (Liverpool, 13 October 2018)
- Membership of EV4GH network and other thematic working groups of Health
Who can apply?
There will be two tracks for which participants can apply to be an EV 2018. While one track
is reserved for researchers involved in health policy and systems research, the other track
seeks to attract health professionals, activists, decision or policy-makers and/or other
health systems actors.
All applicants must have been born on or after 1 January 1978
Can I apply for both the tracks?
No! You need to choose only one track that best suits your profile
Who is eligible for track – 2?
Applicants must fulfil one of the following:
- Be involved in a decision-making, implementation or practitioner role within health services or systems
- Be a passionate voice for strengthening health systems within their local/national health systems in the role of activists, health journalists or patient advocates or otherwise involved in advancing health equity and social justice in their regions.
What should my application focus on?
For both tracks, special consideration will be given to people who explicitly include the political dimension of health systems and services in their work, and challenge power in whatever form, based on good evidence.
I am from a high-income country, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes! EV4GH is open to all. Focus will be on applicants from the Global South especially LMICs, but candidates from the global north can also apply (they need to have relevant field experience in the global South, though, and work on health policy & systems research in the South)
I have just enrolled for a PhD, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes! Please refer to question 6 and if you fulfil at least 2 of the points mentioned there you are eligible to apply
What is covered in the scholarship?
In case of a full scholarship the travel, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the course is covered and participation in the Health systems global symposia from the 8 – 12 October will be covered.
In case of partial scholarships, some of the above aspects will be covered on case to case basis.