Institute of Public Health, Bangalore is happy to invite you to join a book launch event around our new book Health Inequities in India: A Synthesis of Recent Evidence. The book is edited by Sundari Ravindran and Rakhal Gaitonde (Springer, 2018).
Dr. Prashanth N S, who heads our health equity cluster has co-written several chapters in the book.
The book launch and interactive discussion is on 23 February 2018, at 6.30 PM, at the Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bengaluru.
Dr. Upendra Bhojani (Faculty, Institute of Public Health & External Consultant, IIHS), will be in conversation with the editors and contributors of the book:
1. Dr. T K Sundari Ravindran, Professor, Shree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
2. Dr. Rakhal Gaitonde, Centre for Technology and Policy (CTaP), Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
3. Dr. C Priyadarshini, Assistant Professor, M S Ramaih Medical College, Bangalore
4. Dr. Sudharshini Subramaniam, Assistant Professor, Madras Medical College, Chennai
5. Dr. Chitra Grace, Independent Researcher, Trivandrum
6. Dr. Prashanth Nuggehalli Srinivas, Faculty & India Alliance Fellow, Institute of Public Health, Bangalore
The book brings together a vast expanse of research on health inequities in India, identifies research gaps, proposes areas for future research on the subject, and discusses all the major documented axes of marginalisation.
PublicTexts is a series of conversations with authors about their work, using particular texts as starting points for dynamic, contemporary and free-ranging conversations about the present. These conversations are part of Publics, a series of interactions, seminars, events, exhibitions and talks held at the Indian Institute for Human Settlements, Bengaluru.
This programme is free and open to public. All are welcome.
IIHS Bengaluru City CampusNo. 197/36, 2nd Main Road, SadashivanagarBengaluru 560 080. India
Tel: +91 80 6760 6666